Thursday, October 20, 2011

things I've never done




Today I am linking up with Mama Kat for her workshop and her task is to write about those things that I've never done:
I am fifty two and......

I have never:


1. learned to speak a second language fluently


2. skinny dipped at night in the ocean without hearing "The Jaws Movie" music in my head; I hate that dumb music!

3.traveled to Europe


4. given birth vaginally 


5. acted in a play


6. gotten a ticket, speeding or other


7.  been divorced


8. taken a vacation alone, nice thought huh?


9.  done CPR on a person


10.  been able to grow long finger nails


11. been picked for jury duty


12. sailed on a sail boat


13. been arrested


14. climbed a mountain


15. attended college


16. cut my own Christmas tree


17.  been to the movies alone


18. participated in a public civil protest


19.  gone to Canada


20.  gone to the top of the Empire State building


21. flown first class


22. worn contact lenses



13 comments:

  1. Well, you just went and jinxed yourself on the jury duty! Better knock on wood! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your list is a mix of things you are glad never happened and things that might be cool if they happened! You've got me thinking about what my list might look like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what you're saying is, you actually have skinny dipped in the ocean?
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!! Loving the solo vacation one, I wonder what that WOULD be like??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that you've never gotten a ticket. Are you very much a rule follower or jus tlucky?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting to view different lists...it makes you remember what you left off your own. I share many of yours, but I have done CPR on a person, many people and infants in fact. Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Minevan Momma, That would be my luck! But then I was born on friday the 13th!

    Melissa, you're right it is a mix, with a few wishes and a few i'd rather not's.

    Mark, Honey when I was younger I could rock a 2 piece or nothing at all ;)

    Supahmama, I think it would be cool, hubby wouldn't understand thought, one can dream!

    Robbie, Lucky and a good safe driver. I did get pulled over once, it was an emergency room run with my son and the cop let me go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,
    Yikes that must be scary and rewarding all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How in the world did you get to our age without contact lenses?! Amazing! And I might say the very same thing about tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May,
    Now if I could only still be a size 8 I'd be one happy woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed reading all the lists today; yours definitely made me smile. What's a vacation? Wait, what's a vacation...alone? I've done a few from your list: 4, 5, 6, 15 & 17. And lemme tell ya, 17 is one of my absolute favorite things to do whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So interesting!! You must go to Europe if you ever get the chance! Maybe fly first class there :) Now that sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know Jenna and I really really want to. I have family in Ireland.I'm so bad that I've never visited and met them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so go ahead and leave a comment. I'll get back with a response as soon as possible.