Thursday, May 26, 2011

my legs a pain in the ass

About two months ago I took a fall while at the beach on vacation. Really I went ass over tea kettle down the stairs of our condo. Really it was mostly ass but we won't go there. Anyway my leg was really bruised; my leg slipped out from underneath me and scraped against the stair with such friction I developed two blisters on the back. These two blisters have really turned out to be a a real pain in said ass for lack of a better expression. They broke, they developed an infection and the infection and the resulting wound doesn't seem to want to heal.

I am finishing my third course of antibiotics ( he's tried traditional and sulfa ) and it's still not close to being healed. I'm going back to the doctor on Monday and I'd love to hear if anyone has any ideas about what I should do. It should be said I do not have diabetes and I have never had a healing issue before nor have I ever abused antibiotics. Also he tested me for MRSA and  regular staff and they were negative, fungus test is pending. I would love to hear if anyone has any herbal or other home remedies or conventional medical advice.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your wonderful comment! :)

    Your fall sounds real bad. There is a product we use that seems to work really well for a lot (and having 2 dare-devil kids we need to buy it by the gallon haha) but its only available thru the catalog. Its Melagel and Triple Antibiotic Ointment (actually 2 things). Its not like anything I've found in the stores. But you could try tea tree oil available probably at all health food stores. Although I have no idea of the quality they have. I use it for practically everything, we get so bad with mosquito bites that I always have the Melagel on hand (has tea tree oil in it) and it is a guaranteed high quality tea tree oil.

    I hope you get well very soon!

    *Hugs*
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear Michelle I am pulling my hair out.This thing is really yucky looking rather like a bedsore or a diabetic ulcer; you'd never guess by looking at it it's origins were a couple of blisters.

    He gave me antibiotic ointment which I filled at the pharmacy. I'm on my second tube- some help that has been!

    I will gladly give the stuff you suggested a try.

    Thanks for help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, Just ordered Melagel on eBay say a prayer that it works...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so go ahead and leave a comment. I'll get back with a response as soon as possible.