Friday, June 3, 2011

snips and snails and puppy dog tails....NOT! UPDATE 6/3


What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails

That's what little boys are made of !"


This story I'm afraid is not a Mother Goose nursery rhyme; far from it. It is really sickening in fact; the story was released in a locality not too far from my community.

A group of children  found this  kitten and were playing with it when a 12 year old boy walked up, picked it up, grabbed it and threw it against the wall. Then he proceeded if that wasn't cruel enough to beat the poor animal with a stick. He then pulled out a pocket knife with the intention of cutting the kitten but one of the brave little boys knocked the knife from his hand. At that point the children picked up the poor thing thinking it was dead and left the kitten in the grass.
Animal Control took the kitten because by some miracle he was still alive for medical treatment; he is currently recovering and will soon be available for adoption.

doesn't this just break your heart?
This kitten is suffering from a broken leg, bruises to his lungs and his abdomen. 
My husband told me, he's a retired police officer that many of the most violent criminals start out by torturing helpless animals; it makes one think doesn't it? The boy has been arrested and charged with a cruelty to animals charge; ya think!

This just sickens me, and it make me wonder how is it that a child a little boy could be capable of such evil such horrible violence? How is a child like this becomes who he is or is he born this way- bad? Because I look at that little kitten and I just can't fathom any of it, can you?

 UPDATE June 3- It just came on the 10 pm news this poor kitten died, how sad is that?

2 comments:

  1. I shudder to think what is going on in that boy's home and how often he has been in that kitten's position. And while I believe good homes can produce bad children, I've known a couple children like that and caught glimpses of their home life and it wasn't pretty.

    I hope he gets the help he needs. And wow for the little kids who stood up to him! That little kitten looks just like the kitten Bug is getting in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might just be right Dana. I just have to wonder is it too late for this child, can he be saved like this little kitten?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so go ahead and leave a comment. I'll get back with a response as soon as possible.