Wednesday, August 3, 2011

light at the end of my tunnel

If all things go as they have been my wound doctor thinks I could have my own natural skin fully covering the wound on my leg in as little as three weeks.

I have some concerns that it will close up before they can re-swab to test for MRSA. He's encouraged that all is well and my healing has accelerated since I've been on the antibiotics.

Worst case; speaking hypothetically is I run the risk of getting an abscess if bacteria are trapped below my new skin so these antibiotics better work.

Thursday is my last bandage change by the home nurse for my picc and blood test to check my blood count and kidney function. Friday is my last infusion of IV antibiotics and my picc line is being removed on Monday by the surgeon who shares the office with my regular doctor.

I have a two little blisters from the bruising under the butterfly bandage which hold the picc securely in place . My wound doctor is more than a little curious to see if they need to be treated; I have thin skin literally and it's easily damaged; easy to bruise then blister.

I've seen little else than the inside of my house and although I love my house I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm liking what I see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so go ahead and leave a comment. I'll get back with a response as soon as possible.